I don’t have much talent for languages, but I’ve always been fasinated by the deciphering of ancient texts, the evolution of languages and the relationships between them. At 3,500 words, How come we can’t decipher the Indus script? may be the longest Straight Dope column I’ve read, and I just read the whole thing. (I usually only skim through The Straight Dope columns.) It was a good read.
Subscribe To This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- How the hell do I assemble my easel?
- Does The Keg offer vegetarian meals?
- Contest: Name New Popcorn Business
- A Software Engineer Goes Grocery Shopping...
- White Moose
- Recording "Stereo Mix" with Realtek
- A Juice Container With A Built-in Stir Stick
- Kevin Spacey Impersonating Christopher Walken, Again
- Trailer Park Boys - The Movie
- Pseudo Django Reinhardt Biopic
Most Popular Tags