I don’t have much talent for languages, but I’ve always been fasinated by the deciphering of ancient texts, the evolution of languages and the relationships between them. At 3,500 words, How come we can’t decipher the Indus script? may be the longest Straight Dope column I’ve read, and I just read the whole thing. (I usually only skim through The Straight Dope columns.) It was a good read.
Subscribe To This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Do You Walk With Your Feet Pointing Outwards?
- Does The Keg offer vegetarian meals?
- What Is Cold-fx And Does It Work?
- Lagavulin 16, a Significant Drop in Quality
- Recording "Stereo Mix" with Realtek
- How To Display A Dash In Excel
- What the Hell is a Pimento Anyway?
- Iconic Movie Moments as Animated GIFs
- Aw, Poor Kitty
- A Systematic Way To Get Rid Of Religion
Most Popular Tags