I don’t have much talent for languages, but I’ve always been fasinated by the deciphering of ancient texts, the evolution of languages and the relationships between them. At 3,500 words, How come we can’t decipher the Indus script? may be the longest Straight Dope column I’ve read, and I just read the whole thing. (I usually only skim through The Straight Dope columns.) It was a good read.
Subscribe To This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Do You Walk With Your Feet Pointing Outwards?
- How To Display A Dash In Excel
- Does The Keg offer vegetarian meals?
- Honda CB550
- Contest: Name New Popcorn Business
- How the hell do I assemble my easel?
- Newfoundland Dictionary
- Swallowing An "AAA" Battery
- How Many Files Are On Your Computer?
- Writing Complaint Letters To Corporations
Most Popular Tags