Canada’s Government Falls, Again

canada cnnIt must be a slow day for CNN: they’re reporting about Canadian news on their front page: Kickback scandal brings down Canadian government

The government of Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin fell Monday evening when opposition parties united to topple him with a no-confidence vote. Martin’s center-left Liberal Party has been dogged by a corruption scandal, in which it paid advertising firms with Liberal links more than $1 million with little or no work done in exchange.

What does this mean for Canadians? Nothing. Another day, another government.

This entry was posted in canada and tagged , , , .

7 Responses to Canada’s Government Falls, Again

Ohhhh, 1 million. That’s 96% of our GDP or something! I just hope that isn’t 1 million USD or we’ll have millions of people living on the streets, just like in most US cities.

2. Chriso says:

that whole sponsorship scandal was over friggen ONE MILLION DOLLARS!? oh come on, i thought it was a big deal. that’s like 0.01 hours of GAS TAX, damn.

I am voting for the Liberals. Why? Cause I don’t give a fuck. And because it won’t make a bit of difference.

4. Steven Harper says:

The 1.4 Million dollars is the amount that the Liberals pilfered from the sponsorship scandel and put directly into the Liberal Party of Quebec which was a direct benefit for Liberal MLA’s running in that election. They had to pay that 1.4 million back to “the government”. It is unclear the amount of money that was actually spent for the sponsorship scandel. Some experts claim it is between 500 Million and 2 Billion. We will never know. No one in jail and the finance minister in charge of all goverment finances found innocent of all charges. Not knowing this was happening is grounds for dismissal.

Gun registry budget – 200 Million. Ongoing totals over 2 Billion. 1000% over budget. No one fired, no one accountable.

New Liberal legislation on Income trusts and reduced tax on dividends released at 6:00pm EST. A Between 2:00pm and 4:00pm EST that day (before the official press release), a spike in all major Income trust stocks. Canadian forensic accountant says this is very bad and should be a full investigation into insider trading and a leak from the Liberal Finance ministry. The Liberal Finance minister doesn’t believe any action is necessary because he didn’t leak any information. More to come on this one.

Paper Shredder sales in Montreal and Ottawa skyrocket as the Liberal government falls. Big suprise!

At this point, I would take a chance on Satan for PM. How could any party possibly do any worse than these retarded Liberals have done. Anyone voting Liberal in this election should be kicked in the nuts with a workboot full of sponsorship cash and shot in the ass with a gun not registered and made to live in Quebec (which will soon separate as a result of all of the pissed off people in Quebec over the sponship deal).

If Liberals don’t want to vote for the Conservatives (to get rid of the corrupt Liberals), they should stay home on voting day and fuck the dog. Afterwards, you can bribe him with his own dogfood and he will love you again (as per Paul Martin’s governance strategy).

Mr. Harper has convinced me. I’m votiing NDP! (I would have voted NDP, anyway.)

Well I know *I’m* convinced.. I most definately hate politics talk. Previously I just assumed I hated it.

hey is there still that flying yoga guys vote them cant be any better or any worse…but hey who cares..my belly is full…as jody can attest..