Krazy Glue in My Mouth 17

I had a tube of Krazy Glue explode in my face today. I squeezed it too hard when apparently the end was all gunked up.

I just got back from the emergency room.

The glue was in my mouth, on my tongue, the back of my throat, my lips and my left cheek. I also got some in my eye, but it was quickly washed away by tears.

I walked to a hospital down the street from me. I spent 2.5 hours in the emergency waiting room, then said the hell with it. I was concerned about glue in my mouth. I could feel it stuck to my throat and my tongue, and I thought it was poison.

It’s not.

After 2 hours all the glue in my mouth had completely dissolved, and I wasn’t sick. So I figured I was alright and could swallow with ease again.

I’m about to soak my lips and my face in warm water to wash the glue off. If that doesn’t work, then it’s the nail polish remover.

Crazy glue indeed.

UPDATE (the next day): Thankfully the bit of glue that got in my eye got washed out by tears almost immediately. But there was glue stuck to my tongue, and some on the back of my throat where I could feel it burning. I didn’t swallow for at least an hour afterwards. The glue on my lips and my face wasn’t pretty either, but I wasn’t too concerned about it.

The glue in my mouth gradually dissolved away. I tried soaking my face in water to remove the glue like they recommend at, but I couldn’t hold my breath long enough.

So I just walked around with glue on my face all day until I finished work. Then I went to a drug store, got some nail polish remover, and wiped my face with it. Done.

Getting it in my eye was kind of scary though.

17 thoughts on “Krazy Glue in My Mouth

1. Reply Steve Sep 19,2006 5:12 pm

Is it wrong to laugh?

2. Reply rekounas Sep 19,2006 6:50 pm

I expect this to be up on Fark soon under the Dumbass category.

3. Reply Phillip Sep 19,2006 7:29 pm

I don’t care if you laugh. It’s funny. But I don’t know how dumbass it was. It could happen to anybody!

4. Reply Steve Sep 19,2006 11:26 pm

Yeah, Phillip, you’re right. It COULD happen to anybody. But it happens more often to dumbasses.

Reminds me of the time I squeezed a butter package at a dinner and dance and wound up wearing it all over my face. Boy did I feel like a dumbass!

I hear frog slime is good for removing Krazy Glue from the inside of your mouth.

5. Reply Jim Kloss Sep 20,2006 3:53 am

Yikes! I have often wondered what would happen if you got that stuff in sensitive places. Glad you told us what happens. As for it being a dumbass move, um, not nearly as dumbass as if you’d accidentally sat on it and squirted some up your butt. :-)

6. Reply ChrisO Sep 20,2006 10:31 am

HAHAHA, damn! i thought it was rough when i got my fingers stuck together with it!

7. Reply Pender Sep 20,2006 5:50 pm

Reminds me of the time in kindergarten I jumped on a packet of soy sauce and it sprayed all the other kids in the area. They got the principal in for THAT little stunt. I’m still traumatized.

8. Reply tommyboy Sep 24,2006 11:12 am

I still do not know what to say phillip..i am tongue tied….but i am still laughing…

9. Reply VSmith Sep 27,2006 7:20 pm

Oh this made my day. I needed a laugh.

10. Reply ellie Feb 5,2009 11:58 pm

well i have to laugh cause i just tried opening what i thought was a new bottle of crazy glue, so i could punch a hole in it, and joke on me, already had been open. all over my toung my teeth the top of my mouth and lips, and as soon as i figured out my mouth was full i ran to the bathroom with mouth open, no need to get lips glued shut…man i was laughing so hard and rinseing and scrubbing. anyways long story short i googled, just got crazy glue in mouth and this was the first thing that poped up, sorry but it was nice to know that if you made it through not going to hospital than i shall survive too. from the crazy glued girl.\

11. Reply Somebody Someone Nov 7,2009 9:48 pm

I was wondering what would happen to if it got in your mouth cause I was thinking some pretty evil things with it to get back at my suitemate whose friends keep eating my food. I was thinking of buying a cheap burger and and putting the crazy glue in the mayonnaise if it. Then I would know exactly who ate my stuff

12. Reply Pender Nov 10,2009 10:14 am

That sounds good, and nobody gets hurt!

13. Reply Daniela Feb 10,2010 4:19 am

dont feel bad phillip it happened to me jsut now and i googled it and your post came up so thanks lol…..although i was trying to open a little bottle and it only got on my tongue and lips but damn throat is scary -_-

14. Reply tommyboy Feb 12,2010 10:13 pm

I almost want to go get some crazy glue and join the club….I am just stuck on the initiation process

15. Reply Jon Feb 21,2012 8:20 pm

LOL, my wife just did the same thing…. But not as bad, she only got it on her lips and tongue… DUMB ASS!!!!!!

16. Reply ellie Jun 7,2012 1:30 pm

Me and my friend have just bought a new pair of nails each Amelia (My Friend) Come up with a clever idea which was bite the nail glue to open it. So we’ve been idiotic and actually listened to her for once in a lifetime! But she got it allover her mouth and teeth sol she quickly brushed her teeth and wiped her lips with MY FLANNEL So Hers Came of. And mine went down my throat! Ellie Is now scared shes gonna die am I or will it all dissolve and me feel better? HELP PLEASE! Thanks.

17. Reply Pender Jun 8,2012 11:03 am

I too come to the steel white table for my emergency medical questions.