How To Act Insane or Crazy

How to Act Crazy

Be subtle. Don’t overdo it. Instead of screaming swear words at people and claiming to be “seeing” things, maybe talk in a low whisper and look at “someone” next to you who isn’t there.

Repeat yourself. Pretend you did not. Insist you did not.

Take a sip of soda, hum while you do it, and insist it isn’t you.

But be warned:

Be ready to reveal the joke. In most states, crazy for real can cause an immediate and sometimes permanent removal of your most basic rights and can land you in a mental ward.

I used to volunteer at a mental hospital, teaching adults how to read. The only thing I had to watch out for was their unpredictability. We’d be reading a book one minute, when all of a sudden they’d do something, like taking a nap; put their head down and start snoring, and REALLY be asleep. Maybe I bored them.

This entry was posted in humour, life, reference.

8 Responses to How To Act Insane or Crazy

1. bill says:

um why in the hell would anyone pretend to be crazy for a joke? thats not funny. at all.

sure wish I knew a way to act crazy in this form. cause I would be doing it. right now.

pender…help?

I’m not crazy, not sure why you’re asking ME to help you. You must be crazy!

4. vIel says:

I’m not crazy at all…but can you please help me how to do it…

i’m a Filipino..
    you know we have this “BIGKAS SA DULAWIT”(bigkas, sayaw, dula, awit which means talk, dance, reciting a poem and sing) and my role is to be crazy at…
    The story is this before i am a crazy man, i have a family, friends,girlfriend,classmates..and a “barkada”…and i am a good boy before i was crazy…then suddenly my “barkada” taught me how to use vices, then when i come to school i turned into a rebel because of the vices then i lost my friends, broke-up with the girlfriend, lost the family in a accident…then when i hear the news that an accident has occured with my family…i just turned into a crazy crap man..

HOW TO PRETEND CRAZY THAT IS ALMOST ITS TRUE ???

Hey Tommyboy, that’s you, right?

Damn tommyboy, you’s crazy!

I can only dream…now I am depressed…how can I compete with that….

8. Claire says:

I am currently working on a scene to take to a national convention. I was picked to be the insane mom. In a nutshell the scene is based on a mother who lost her baby in a burning building. Yet she still thinks that she has the baby with her throughout the scene. Even when her daughter shows her it is nothing but a blanket she still doesn’t believe her. Any tips or pointers to make me seem truly insane? Thanks