How To Act Insane or Crazy 8

How to Act Crazy

Be subtle. Don’t overdo it. Instead of screaming swear words at people and claiming to be “seeing” things, maybe talk in a low whisper and look at “someone” next to you who isn’t there.
Repeat yourself. Pretend you did not. Insist you did not.
Take a sip of soda, hum while you do it, and insist it isn’t you.

But be warned:

Be ready to reveal the joke. In most states, crazy for real can cause an immediate and sometimes permanent removal of your most basic rights and can land you in a mental ward.

I used to volunteer at a mental hospital, teaching adults how to read. The only thing I had to watch out for was their unpredictability. We’d be reading a book one minute, when all of a sudden they’d do something, like taking a nap; put their head down and start snoring, and REALLY be asleep. Maybe I bored them.

8 thoughts on “How To Act Insane or Crazy

1. Reply bill Aug 19,2010 1:26 pm

um why in the hell would anyone pretend to be crazy for a joke? thats not funny. at all.

2. Reply tommyboy Aug 21,2010 5:09 pm

sure wish I knew a way to act crazy in this form. cause I would be doing it. right now.

3. Reply Pender Aug 23,2010 11:06 am

I’m not crazy, not sure why you’re asking ME to help you. You must be crazy!

4. Reply vIel Aug 25,2010 6:31 am

I’m not crazy at all…but can you please help me how to do it…

i’m a Filipino..
    you know we have this “BIGKAS SA DULAWIT”(bigkas, sayaw, dula, awit which means talk, dance, reciting a poem and sing) and my role is to be crazy at…
    The story is this before i am a crazy man, i have a family, friends,girlfriend,classmates..and a “barkada”…and i am a good boy before i was crazy…then suddenly my “barkada” taught me how to use vices, then when i come to school i turned into a rebel because of the vices then i lost my friends, broke-up with the girlfriend, lost the family in a accident…then when i hear the news that an accident has occured with my family…i just turned into a crazy crap man..

5. Reply Phillip Aug 25,2010 7:29 am

Hey Tommyboy, that’s you, right?

6. Reply Pender Aug 25,2010 11:02 am

Damn tommyboy, you’s crazy!

7. Reply tommyboy Aug 25,2010 6:18 pm

I can only dream…now I am depressed…how can I compete with that….

8. Reply Claire Apr 10,2011 2:25 am

I am currently working on a scene to take to a national convention. I was picked to be the insane mom. In a nutshell the scene is based on a mother who lost her baby in a burning building. Yet she still thinks that she has the baby with her throughout the scene. Even when her daughter shows her it is nothing but a blanket she still doesn’t believe her. Any tips or pointers to make me seem truly insane? Thanks