Waking Ned Devine (aka “Waking Ned”) is not a Xmas Classic, but it holds up well to a yearly viewing much better than, say, something like “A Wonderful Life” (which I still haven’t been able to watch straight through). Anyway, the movie is blatantly feel-good, but it’s Irish, and like most things Irish, it’s got intelligence and charm. And I admit it actually has some unexpected touching moments if you’re in the right mood for it, and it manages it without being maudlin or manipulative, and then it moves right on to having fun. The story is about an old guy, Ned Devine, who wins the lottery but dies from the shock of it. Subsequently, a plan to split the winnings with all 52 people in the village is set in motion — and there’s your movie. It’s a good one.
Subscribe To This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Do You Walk With Your Feet Pointing Outwards?
- How To Display A Dash In Excel
- Does The Keg offer vegetarian meals?
- Honda CB550
- Newfoundland Dictionary
- How To Copy A Commercial DVD
- Contest: Name New Popcorn Business
- How Many Files Are On Your Computer?
- Swallowing An "AAA" Battery
- Roll Up The Rim To Win 2011
Most Popular Tags