Waking Ned Devine (aka “Waking Ned”) is not a Xmas Classic, but it holds up well to a yearly viewing much better than, say, something like “A Wonderful Life” (which I still haven’t been able to watch straight through). Anyway, the movie is blatantly feel-good, but it’s Irish, and like most things Irish, it’s got intelligence and charm. And I admit it actually has some unexpected touching moments if you’re in the right mood for it, and it manages it without being maudlin or manipulative, and then it moves right on to having fun. The story is about an old guy, Ned Devine, who wins the lottery but dies from the shock of it. Subsequently, a plan to split the winnings with all 52 people in the village is set in motion — and there’s your movie. It’s a good one.
Subscribe To This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Does The Keg offer vegetarian meals?
- How the hell do I assemble my easel?
- Aw, Poor Kitty
- Trailer Park Boys - The Movie
- Review of Cobra Mini RC Helicopter
- How To Display A Dash In Excel
- Those Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die
- Newfoundland Dictionary
- Disabling Windows Validation
- Running Executables From Firefox
Most Popular Tags