I’m watching an interview of John Updike on The History Channel, and he appears to be amicable and intelligent. I have a lot of his books but haven’t read any of them; I’ve had the impression of him as being uptight and ostentatious, probably because he’s written critical reviews I have no interest in and works for The New Yorker. I have to stop assuming things; he’s a wonderful talker, being precise and honest in the interview. I think I’m going to get his new collection of short-stories, The Early Stories : 1953-1975.
Subscribe To This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Does The Keg offer vegetarian meals?
- White Moose
- Swallowing An "AAA" Battery
- Podcasting on a Budget
- Q-Ray Doesn't Work?!
- Why Do You Walk With Your Feet Pointing Outwards?
- Lagavulin 16, a Significant Drop in Quality
- How Many Files Are On Your Computer?
- What the Hell is a Pimento Anyway?
- How To Open A Combination Lock Without The Combination
Most Popular Tags