I read a review of Bobby Fischer Goes to War : How the Soviets Lost the Most Extraordinary Chess Match of All Time in USA Today. I’ll probably get it. I used to play a lot of chess, leading my Junior High School team over 20 years ago (20 years. Shite). I only play computers now.
VillainSupply.com is "your Online Source For Everything EVIL™. If you are a supervillain, mad scientist, warlord, dictator, or despot, then this is the place for you." Some samples of their wares:
- Boreworms: "Whether applied to the limbs, chest, genitals, or brain, boreworms cause more pain and suffering than any other alien lifeform in the same price range". Only $999 U.S. each (sold in lots of 12).
- The Bottomless Pit: "Based on the principle of Quantum Tunneling, which assumes a 13-dimensonal universe with nine of the dimensions condensed into quantum superstrings — fuck, we don’t know how it works, nor do we care."
- Black hole: "FSS Inc. is now mass-producing (no pun intended) "black hole" singularities for the open black market (no pun intended)". Price: US$9.99 each. "Shipping cost will be based on weight. That’s how we make our money."
(via J-Walk Blog)
An excellent Calvin and Hobbes site. Unfortunately, the site doesn’t work well with Mozilla. I sent a scathing email to the site’s designer.
I haven’t read anything comparable to Calvin and Hobbes since it was retired in 1995. Here’s the latest news about the camera-shy author, Bill Watterson. Are there any daily comics worth reading anymore? Even Dilbert seems to be running stale.
Update: the site works fine with my Mozilla now.
ThinkGeek offers some cool, geeky products for… geeks. Some examples:
- 10 types of people in the world.
- An addictive little gadget.
- Roll-Up Keyboard. I’ve used one of these.
This ain’t a commercial because I never bought anything from them. I just like some of their stuff.
I don’t have a "way" yet, so I’m looking for ideas. Any sites with good tabulature and solo transcriptions? I’m looking for well known tunes; something more popular than
Brook Trout, if possible. While you’re thinking about it, here’s a cool guitar chord reference site.