…[this organization] compiles an annual list of 25 news stories of social significance that have been overlooked, under-reported or self-censored by the country’s major national news media.
They list the Top 25 Censored Stories. The top five of 2006:
- Bush Administration Moves to Eliminate Open Government
- Media Coverage Fails on Iraq: Fallujah and the Civilian Death
- Another Year of Distorted Election Coverage
- Surveillance Society Quietly Moves In
- U.S. Uses Tsunami to Military Advantage in Southeast Asia
(via CBC radio’s The Current)