dedicated to achieving a better society through better names for children.
A child’s name is the most important label he or she will ever receive. It will stay with the child throughout their whole lives. Parents who choose names poorly create misleading labels for their children. These labels can cause their children to be mocked, stereotyped, or ostracized. Mocked, stereotyped, and ostracized children grow to become demented adults.
My name isn’t in their list of boy names. Phew.
Some not okay male names from that list:
- Todd: Associated with dumb high-school jocks
- Bartholomew: There’s only one “Bart”
- Jordan: Middle English for “chamber pot”
Some not okay female names from that list:
- Caitlin: We discussed this over at “ “
- Monica: Wait a few years
- Brandy: Go back and look at the page