CBC’s Definitely Not The Opera had a ignorant-about-pop-culture theme today, with pieces about how people don’t know stuff the masses are talking about. I’m proud of my stubborn ignorance about some things, including:
- I’ve never watched South Park or Survivor.
- I know little about the entertainment industry nor do I have an interest in it. Who gives a shit what Lindsay Lohan is up to (who ever the hell that is; I just and picked the first thing listed)?
- I rarely recognize anyone in the Top 50 (maybe 100 or more) music charts (and I loath to listen to most in it, too).
- I don’t know anything about the Japanese cartoons or toys that I see in stores or on commercials my daughter watches.
- I can’t comprehend why anyone would pay an inflated amount for clothes to wear a brand name advertising that brand.
- I don’t own an iPod. Hell, I’ve never seen one.