Things we gotta do around the house this summer:
Finish painting back room, then screw in coat hooks into that wall.
- Hang photos and paintings around the house.
Get windows coverings (drapes, whatever).
- Paint window edges.
- Create garden boxes for main garden.
- Create box or something for the garden right by the garage (along the fence).
- Cleanup and box the strawberry and blueberry garden.
- Fix fence in the back; there’s swampy land there that’s causing the fence to lean over.
- Install gutter around back and front of house; it’s one of the reasons why the basement is damp; the water isn’t draining far away from the house.
- Fix the door step as you enter the front door; it’s too high.
- Finish painting the doors in the bedrooms.
- Get new mailbox.
Things we want to do in the house:
- Renovate bathroom. Cost estimate: $5000.
- Renovate kitchen. Cost estimate: $5000.
- Get secondary heat source. I prefer something that isn’t dependent on electricty, like a wood stove. What else is there? Cost estimate: $2000.
- Build wall in foyer: Cost estimate: $400.
- Replace carpet upstairs with hardwood or laminate. Cost estimate: $2000.
- Install ceiling lights in the living room, two bedrooms, and the TV area. Every room except the kitchen requires damn lamps you have to plug-in.
- Build or buy shelving for the closets in the kids’ rooms, the linen closet, and the coat closet at the top of the stairs.
I’m going to work on a budget soon, determining how much we’re saving per pay week and how long it will take to save up for the above; we’re not borrowing any more money; it’s too nerve-racking for me living with direct debt (that doesn’t include mortgage, although I obviously don’t like that either).
I figure it’ll take 10 years to get it all completed.