I met with a personal exercise trainer today as part of my membership in the YMCA. Here’s the exercise program they gave me. The trainer said the weight is on the cautious side, and I can up-it if I feel it’s inadequate. I only learned how to use the computerized equipment today; I’ll be doing it in earnest tomorrow.
- Warm-up: 10 minutes on cardio equipment. For treadmill, 3 mph with a 5% incline.
- Chest press bio (“bio” being the type of machine): 2 sets of 15 reps using 40 lbs.
- Vertical traction bio: 2 sets of 15 reps using 70 lbs.
- Shoulder press bio: 1 set of 15 reps using 20 lbs.
- Rowing torso bio: 2 sets of 15 reps using 45 lbs.
- Lower back bio – trunk extension: 1 set of 15 reps using 70 lbs.
- Leg press selection: press: 3 sets of 15 reps using 80 lbs.
- Abdominal crunch bio: 3 sets of 15 reps using 50 lbs.
- Cool-down: 10 minutes on cardio equipment.
20 years ago when I used free weights, I remember curling 50 lbs with one arm. I’m a long way from that.
Space wallpaper (www.spacewallpapers.net) offers lots of free images that you can use for your computer’s desktop background (i.e. wallpaper), all of them with a space theme, of course. I love that stuff.
The space wallpapers are created from NASA, ESA and NOAO/AURA images as well as from contributions from astro-photographers and space artists around the world.
And yes Greg, nudewallpapers.net does exist.
As I leave the pool after my 20 minute swim today, in a stupor from exhaustion, I walk into the ladies change room. This looks different, I think as I stop and scrutinize the open showers and towel racks. There’s pink everywhere. Pause. Fuck. So I nonchalantly turn around, go back to the pool, and look for the men’s changing room. THEN I noticed the gender signs; however, the signs aren’t right beside the doors; they’re around a corner, NEAR the door, but not beside it.
And no, I didn’t see any nakedness. I’d probably be in jail if I did.
I saw a picture of J-Walk‘s computer today. John’s what I’d call unnaturally neat. Here’s a photo of what my computer desk happens to look like right now. Not often is it this tidy.
Mining company finds gold, minerals near Bathurst:
A Calgary-based mineral exploration company says it has struck gold in New Brunswick near Bathurst.
Stratabound [the mining company’s president] can’t say what quantity of the minerals are underground, but Striker is confident his company will find enough to make money. The company plans to drill more samples this summer.
Not exactly a gold rush, but I hope it works out; New Brunswick could use more income from sources other than forestry and fishing.