- Basic Edition. Knows when to leave things alone, call somebody else.
- Going Places. Learning and yearning for more fix-and-repair projects. Looks at each repair as a challenge.
- Building Up Skills. Has a good enough understanding of home improvements to be able to figure out new problems without dashing to the refrigerator, grabbing a beer and hiding behind the TV set.
- Bitten By The Bug. A compulsive handyman, he loves to tinker and repair things and sometimes fixes them better than new.
- Para-Professional. Experienced enough that he can make money, possibly even make a living doing handyman or construction work.
I’m in the first category.