I met with a personal exercise trainer today as part of my membership in the YMCA. Here’s the exercise program they gave me. The trainer said the weight is on the cautious side, and I can up-it if I feel it’s inadequate. I only learned how to use the computerized equipment today; I’ll be doing it in earnest tomorrow.
- Warm-up: 10 minutes on cardio equipment. For treadmill, 3 mph with a 5% incline.
- Chest press bio (“bio” being the type of machine): 2 sets of 15 reps using 40 lbs.
- Vertical traction bio: 2 sets of 15 reps using 70 lbs.
- Shoulder press bio: 1 set of 15 reps using 20 lbs.
- Rowing torso bio: 2 sets of 15 reps using 45 lbs.
- Lower back bio – trunk extension: 1 set of 15 reps using 70 lbs.
- Leg press selection: press: 3 sets of 15 reps using 80 lbs.
- Abdominal crunch bio: 3 sets of 15 reps using 50 lbs.
- Cool-down: 10 minutes on cardio equipment.
20 years ago when I used free weights, I remember curling 50 lbs with one arm. I’m a long way from that.