I’ve been too lazy to post about stupid crap I find on the net (J-Walk tends to grab most of it anyway), and not motivated to post about personal occurrences, although here’s a summary of recent events:
- Wally has diarrhea, which he’s been letting us know about by the mess he leaves every morning on the living room carpet the past few nights.
- My wife and I started Tai Chi Chaun classes.
- Someone with the “Kelsey” last name from Newfoundland contacted me about the Kelsey painting I posted about – another artist!
- I recently used about 1300 Air Miles.
- My motorcycle doesn’t work again. Some electrical problem I can’t figure out, so it’s stuck in my garage collecting dust.
- I used a GPS for the first time recently. Nice gimic but not practical for me.
- My wife quit her baking job at Tim Hortons after working there for a year, getting up 3:30am every morning to work a couple hours everyday.
- Caitlyn, my seven year old daughter, is taking piano lessons, which she finds boring.
- I’m THIS close to buying an original painting, preferably from a local artist, but some of Jean’s tempt me.
- Iain (my three year old son) didn’t want to go to pre-school today because he doesn’t like timeout. This is the first we heard about it.
- I started playing chess a lot more, which I was once very good at in my teenage years. I posted about this, though.
- Gratz to Sedition.com on its 10th year aniversary! Too lazy to comment on his site about it even.
Besides Tommyboy, anyone interested in me posting like a diary? Which reminds me: Oh Me Nerves! posted about that topic recently, reminding me how it’s interesting to look at past personal posts.
Jody and I have received genuine, no-fooling, legit photo credits, all of them on the Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Website.
Mine appears in the Arts and Economy article.
Jody has two photo credits. The first is in the article on Rural Depopulation in Newfoundland and Labrador; the second appears in Depopulation Impacts.
All the articles are written by Jenny Higgins.
In April, 2004, I posted about finding myself via google. Back then there were:
- 108 hits for “jody cairns”
- 23 hits for “jody r cairns”
I’m more popular now:
- “jody cairns”: 2200 hits (All except two hits are about me on the first page.)
- “jody r cairns”: only 7 hits (All me.)
What about you?
Doing a google search on “Jody Cairns” returns 108 hits as of today. Of those hits, here are the less obvious ones that refer to me:
Searching for “Jody R. Cairns” returns 23 hits, all of which refer to me.