My grandfather used to eat toast dipped in tea for breakfast. He had no teeth.
Today I dipped my buttered toast in coffee. I have all my teeth.
Speaking of my grandfather, who’s dead but was a memorable character:
– He had no teeth and didn’t wear dentures.
– He was missing 3 or 4 fingers.
– He often ate food straight from the can, unheated.
– He used to work in the lumber industry in the middle of Newfoundland, which accounts for his missing fingers and liking of cold food.
– His remaining fingers were stained puke yellow from smoking all his life, but he stopped cold-turkey a few years before he died.
– He could drink a bottle of beer in one swig.
– He was a phenomenal spoon player (from what I remember as a kid).
– He wore 1-piece long johns (union suit) as underwear – the kind that cover you from the neck down to your ankles and had a flap covering your ass.
– He was incredibly strong.