Post Is Clear is a WordPress Plugin I wrote to insert <br clear=”all”/> at the end of posts, to ensure images and objects don’t wrap into successive posts. Phillip and I were manually inserting the code, although I did hack the WordPress code to insert it, but that code is lost whenever I upgrade WordPress.
This will make me millions.
Download Post Is Clear.
The official WordPress site finally organized their plugin page, showing the Most Popular, Newest, and Recently Updated plugins. I’m going to spend some time perusing its wares.
WordPress plugins allow you to easily add additional functionality to your wordpress site. I’ve written about the plugins I use.
Someone’s list of Top Ten WordPress Plugins:
- Permalink Redirect. This is a good idea for accurate statistics.
- Time Zone. I haven’t heard of this one. Useful.
- WordPress Database Backup / WP-Cron. I created my own script to do this.
- Popularity Contest. This sounds interesting only to the owner of the blog.
- Gravatars. I don’t know what a gravatar is nor do I care.
- WP-ContactForm. I’ve had trouble implementing WordPress’s mailing function.
- Subscribe to Comments. I’d like to implement this, but I can’t get WordPress to send emails.
- Related Posts. This is a nice idea.
- Ultimate Tag Warrior. I don’t care about tags.
- Akismet. I use this, getting about 50 spam comments a day.
I use these Plugins:
- Akismet: checks your comments against the Akismet web serivce to see if they look like spam or not. I use this because I haven’t bothered to fix AuthImage.
- WP-PageNavi: adds page navigation to the bottom of your pages.
- WP-UserOnline: keeps track of the number of concurrent users online.
- Google Sitemaps: genereates a new version of your site’s Google Sitemap, which helps Google index your site.
Update: WP Tutorial: Your First WP Plugin has an excellent video showing how to create your own plugin.