A technology breakthrough: Transparent Computer Monitor Screens.
- With a tripod take a picture of your desk without the computer on it.
- Take a picture now with the computer on the desk.
- Open both pictures in graphics program (eg. photoshop) and paste one of the pictures over the other as a new layer.
- Make a selection of the area of the computer desktop and copy it from the image that has no computer.
- The image might be skewed due to screen positioning. Use the free transform function and drag all corners of the selection to match the picture canvas.
- Use this image as the desktop in the computer.
- With camera still in position, take a picture and the illusion will be created.